Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
McCormick School of
Engineering and Applied Science
I am affiliated with the Communications and
My CV is here.
dGuo AT northwestern DOT edu
Office: Tech L393, Phone: +1-847-491-3056
Directions to my office with map is found here.
Wireless communications, information theory, communication networks,
To learn about research activities of my group, see our publications, or visit
- architecture and resource management in future (5G) cellular
- Internet of Things;
- millimeter wave communication;
- many-user information theory;
- experimentation using software define radios,
full-duplex wireless technologies.
- 2017-2: I will co-chair the TPC for the 2018 IEEE Information Theory Workshop to be held in Guangzhou in Nov. 2018.
- 2017-2-14: Presented "Scalable many-cell spectrum allocation and user associaiton" at ITA.
- 2017-1: Our paper "Sparse Channel Estimation for Massive MIMO with 1-bit Feedback per Dimension" (by Z. Zhou, X. Chen, D. Guo, and M. L. Honig) won the IEEE WCNC Best Paper Award. EECS News.
- Co-organizing the American Institute of Mathematics
Entropy Power Inequalities Workshop,
to be held in San Jose, CA, USA, in May, 2017.
- 2016-12: Lead a team to participate in the hurdle competitions of
the DARPA Spectrum Collaboration Challenge.
Our team has qualified to enter the Preliminary Event #1 to be held in December 2017.
- 2016-9-23: Co-organized the
ITSoc Shannon Centennial Event
at Chicago's Merchandise Mart.
Presented tutorial "Information Theory: The Day after Yesterday."
- 2016-8-25: Presented "Massive Access and Many-User Information Theory" at the
Conference on Applied Mathematics
at Hong Kong University.
- 2016-8-4: Presented "Metropolitan Scale Radio Resource Management,"
Huawei University Day.
- 2016-7-5: Presented invited talk "Massive Access and Many-User Information Theory" at Huawei Mathematical and Algorithmic Sciences Lab in Paris, France.
- 2016-6-11: Presented invited talk "Many-User Information Theory" at the Workshop on Core and Frontier of Information Theory, University of Science and Technology of China.
2145 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208
Last modified: Wed Sep 2 14:26:36 CDT 2015